Last updated on August 23, 2017
- “Affiliates” includes subsidiaries and entities that HIFOO or its subsidiaries operate or have an ownership interest; and
- “Healthcare Providers” include, without limitation, physicians, chiropractors, hospitals, outpatient clinics, diagnostic facilities, lab facilities, durable medical goods providers, physical therapists, and other providers of healthcare related products and services.
- On any of our Services’ websites; and
- Through any of our Services’ mobile or tablet applications.
- by us offline or through any other means;
- by any Healthcare Provider;
- by your employer, insurance company or any third-party claims processor; or
- by any third party whose websites, mobile applications, or other content may either link to our Services or be linked to or accessible from our services.
Minors Under the Age of 18.
Our Services are not intended for use by or directed at minors under 18 years of age and we do not knowingly collect personal information about children under 18 except through the use of our Services by their adult parent or legal guardian. By using our Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years old and are the parent or legal guardian of any minors on whose behalf you use our Services. If you not at least 18 years old, then you should not be using our Services.
Information Collection and Use
Types of Information We Collect.
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Services, including information:
- Related to use of our services and the information we collect is specified after logon for use, and
- We automatically collect or that may be provided to us such as your Internet connection, mobile services provider, and location, the type of device you use to access our Services, and details about your usage of our Services.
Information You Provide.
We may collect information about you that provide to us during your use of our Services. This information includes information you voluntarily provide or post on our Services or allow us to access when you do certain things, such as:
- Enter registration information for one or more of our Services;
- Make a purchase with our Services;
- Request certain features of our Services (e.g., newsletters, updates, and other products);
- Sign up to receive SMS (text message) notifications;
- Download or use one of our mobile or tablet applications; or
- Post user-generated content, including comments, to or on any of our Services.
Information We Automatically Collect or Receive.
We also automatically collect or receive information when you use our Services. We collect some of this information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we may receive:
- Log information. This information may include information about (a) your interactions with our Services, the content you view, advertising displayed, the search queries you submit, and information in cookies and similar technologies and (b) how you access our Services, your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the website you visited before visiting our Services.
- Device information. This information may include (i) information about the type of device you are using (e.g., PC, table, mobile phone, etc.); (ii) certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device; and (ii) information about your Internet or mobile service provider.
- Location information. This information may include information about your device’s location based upon its GPS data and/or information about nearby Wi-Fi networks and cell towers accessed by your device.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include the following as well as other current or future technologies that we may implement:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see the section titled “Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information” below.
- Web Beacons. Web pages of and e-mails sent from certain of our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allows us to, for example, count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics such as recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
- HTML 5. HTML5, the language some websites and applications are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about how you use our Services.
- Cache Cookies. Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited our Services in the past.
We do not collect personal information automatically. However, we may tie automatically collected information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
Information from Third-Parties.
We may receive additional information about you that is provided by your employer or the organization through which our Services our offered to you, your insurance provider, Healthcare Providers, third-party claims processors, or that is publicly or commercially available. We may then combine that information with information we have collected or received about you in other ways.
How We Use Your Information.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide our Services to you;
- For the purposes specified when you provided it;
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- To send you information about your relationship or transactions with us;
- To send you alerts or other communications via email, SMS messages, or other media or networks;
- To process and respond to your inquiries;
- To contact you with information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- To generate and review reports and data about our user base and Service usage patterns;
- To perform analytics and research aimed at improving the accuracy, effectiveness, usability, or popularity of our Services;
- To improve the content and features of our Services or develop new Services;
- To personalize the content you see on our Services and to understand how you and other users interact with and use our Services and the content displayed on our Services;
- To administer and troubleshoot our Services; and
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How We Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- To our Affiliates;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information about users of our Services is among the assets transferred.
Personal information that you provide on bulletin boards or in other areas accessible to other users could be collected and disclosed by others. We do not take any responsibility for these types of collection or disclosure.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Tracking Technologies and Promotions.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. Various mechanisms are available to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
“Do Not Track” Signals.
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. We currently do not take action in response to these signals.
Reviewing and Correcting Your Personal Information.
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page. However, we cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. In addition, we may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Links to Other Websites, Applications, or Services
Our Commitment to Data Security
We have put in place security procedures reasonably designed to safeguard and secure the information under our control, and we follow generally accepted industry standards. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our Services’ forms, we encrypt, or instruct our providers to encrypt, that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Although we will exercise reasonable care in providing secure transmission of information between your computer and our servers and in storing that information on our systems, no method of transmission over the Internet, or of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information transmitted to us over the Internet.
Use of the Services by Users from Outside the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
Your HIPAA Rights
E-mail us at: privacy@HIFOO.com